• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Gallstones/gallbladder problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcoleptic

Greenlighter
Hi :) I was recently admitted to hospital with severe pain on my right side which turned out to be gallstones and I think my gallbladder may have been infected or one of the stones was blocking a bile duct,I know this also has a name but i can't remember it.I'm out of hospital now but still in alot of pain and have no energy at all.I was told I'd be waiting at least a year before i get the surgery to remove my gallbladder as all elective surgeries have been cancelled due to budget problems or some crap like that so I won't be having surgery any time soon unless my gallbladder goes septic.I feel like I'm going a little insane due to the constant pain,i could deal with it a little better if it came and went but when i get the pain its contsant for at least 12 hours and nothing i do lessens it at all.I'm just wondering if anyone else has had gallstones/gallbladder problems and if theres anything i can do to lessen this pain a bit.:)

Whhhhhaaa? They can't do surgery? After I had mine removed, it was the greatest thing ever. They compare gall stone pain to kidney stones. It takes a lot of pain to get my ass to the emergency room at 4am, but that's what happened to me.

Go to another doctor or something. That pain persists until the gall bladder is removed. I was lucky in that I had the pain like every 2 weeks, but the last time the pain came I couldn't stand it anymore.

lol yeah they told me expect to wait over a year unless it becomes septic (I think that was the word they used) as that would be classed as emergency surgery.Theres huge waiting lists here too so when elective surgery starts again I'll still be waiting a while.Going back to my GP next week as the pain meds don't seem to be helping,she prescribed me diclofenac 50mg (which I can't take anyway because it rips my stomach apart) and codiene/paracetamol 30/500mg.I don't mind waiting for the surgery as long as i can make this pain go away,i can't eat anything but cereal as anything else sets it off again and i don't think i've slept more than 5 hours in the last week as everytime i lie down it starts again.Maybe I just need more antibiotics.

About twice a year, I get the same pain even after my gall bladder is gone. I don't understand why, but it cripples me. If I can take a tums in time, it goes away, but with gall stones nothing helped me.

The gall bladder releases bile with fatty foods, so you can limit fatty foods, but I'd still get pain in the middle of the night. My emergency room trip was after lasagna lol

I can't believe they let you sit with that pain. Are you in america? I'd get a doc to refer you to someone. I'm appalled that they are letting you sit there in pain.

I live in Ireland and you get free healthcare as long as you meet certain conditions such as being unable to work or under a certain income a year, the surgeon was really apologetic and stuff cause it was out of his hands.I could go private but i don't have thousands of euro to pay for it,if i did i'd have the surgery tomorrow lol.

I'll see how I get on at the GP anyway,might ask to see a differant doctor just to see if that helps at all.Thanks for your replies lysis :)

I was diagnosed with gallstones when I was in grade 4.

Have had em since but they don't bug me!

Damn, i never want to get gallstones or kidney stones, how can i prevent them?

Status
Not open for further replies.